Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rainbow Bright


Daughter wants to dye her hair black. Her hair right now is between a dark blond and light brown. I do not think a dark color will do anything for her complexion. I think it will wash her out and make her look even paler than she is. Does anyone remember Rainbow Bright? This would be daughter's second choice. I have agreed to let her do underneath her hair black and bleach out some spots in her hair so she can play with the color of the rainbows. I feel like she is 5 years old again playing with her play dough person. She would shove a mixture of colors into the mans head and push. Like magic the hair would grow in a bunch of rainbow colors. She was always mixing the colors together. Never was she satisfied with a monotone of color. I guess thinking back on that I shouldn't be surprised that she would want to do it to her own head 12 years later. Daughter kind of has the free spirit of Rainbow Bright. She loves bright colors and has a happy upbeat attitude. She expresses herself with lots of color and I guess using her hair shouldn't be any different the accessorizing with her clothes. Am I a bad mother for actually liking the idea of her playing with the "colors" instead of dying her hair black like Mortitia from the Adams family and looking like the walking dead. I'd rather see her with happy colors in her hair then with the black that will wash her out. At least when she goes out she can make the little kids happy. They could use her to learn their colors. Daughter does this make any sense to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment